BearingPoint Ireland has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer to join our growing team. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland.
You should have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ IT experience in MS SQL development.
- An interest in pursuing a career in database administration alongside SQL development in an experienced team.
- Proven ability to write automation scripts using languages such as SQL, PowerShell or Python etc.
- Interest in expanding your development skills to PowerShell.
- Good communication and language skills in the English language (presenting, documenting, workshopping).
- Experience of mature release processes.
- Experience in restoring databases.
In addition to the above, the following skills / knowledge will be beneficial:
- Experience of Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
- Experience in a service environment (i.e. customer service desk and work item prioritisation and management).
- Experience in a Microsoft development environment in particular the Microsoft IDE product set i.e. SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Data Studio, Visual Studio and AzureDevOps/GIT.
- Knowledge of software delivery practices, modern delivery methodologies (incl. Agile) – i.e. the ability to understand how a delivery project works and the constraints that they are working in.
- Experience with Problem, Incident and Event Management processes & procedures (i.e. dealing with outages or environment issues using ITIL or similar).
- 3rd level degree in IT related discipline.
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.