Information Security Advisor
Information Security Advisor
You will join our IT Advisory team with responsibility for advising a range of clients on in the area of Information Security management. You will work closely with our clients to advise on best practice approaches to managing security risks, to conduct security assessments, to evolve governance approaches and to define IT strategy as it relates to security.
This role will also afford you an opportunity to grow our team of Information Security professionals and to build out our business in this area. There will be a strong emphasis and support for your ongoing learning and development in what is a fast-evolving space. You will get opportunity to collaborate in with firmwide Security community of interest and contribute to same.
What will you do?
You will work as an Information Security advisor within one or more of our client organisations to:
- Conduct security reviews and propose prioritised recommendations tailored to the client need
- Define Information Security charters and associated principles
- Help organisations align with international standards, guidelines and frameworks such as NIST CSF, ITIL, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR etc.
- Create Information Security strategies aligned with Business and IT strategies
- Help to define Governance controls in the client leadership team, which are reflected throughout the organisation
- Complete DPIAs and liaise with client Data Protection Officers to ensure related personal data risks are effectively managed in compliance with GDPR regulation
- Advise on approach to remediating live security incidents
- Prioritise strategic security risk mitigation projects covering process and technological enhancement
- Oversee and consume the results of security related testing
- Engage with our firmwide Security community of interest to position and leverage firmwide capabilities with our local practice and clients
In addition, you will also work within our IT Advisory practice team to:
- Develop your skills and knowledge
- Develop Information Security related training plans for others in the team
- Support the development of proposals
- Contribute to the development of IP and materials to support our teams on client engagements
- Support recruitment in this area
You will have
- 4+ years’ experience working in a security related role
- Experience in a consulting or client facing role
- Good working knowledge of the relevant frameworks and security related standards applicable to our clients in Ireland
- Security related certification or training
- Willingness to learn continuously and to invest in your career
- Good interpersonal and English language communication skills
- Ability to articulate specialised security concepts to a variety of audiences and stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to move proactively
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team with competing priorities
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive salary where you are rewarded for both your individual performance and company performance. You will also receive a best-in-class benefits package including holidays, private health insurance, pension contributions, gym/club subscription, wellness programmes, mobile phone and much more. In addition, we offer:
Continuous learning – we understand that it is imperative to invest in our people’s development and we provide external training at prestigious universities such as Oxford and Yale
Social events – our people perform best when they have a good work life balance, monthly events for all to attend
Equal & inclusive culture – we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong and can thrive in a work environment with a strong sense of community
Mentoring & coaching – every employee has a development manager to help them grow their career with feedback via continuous conversations
Giving Back – you will have an opportunity to join our many giving back initiatives including our commitment to sustainability.
Together, we are more than business.
To see more from our people with their experiences of BearingPoint please visit our careers website www.bearingpointcareers.ie
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.