Are you one of those people who can see solutions where other people see problems? Are you smart, creative and enjoy working with people to solve challenges? Do you love technology and how it can solve problems but don’t see yourself as a software developer? Have you got that rare gift of being able to explain complex things in a way that everyone can understand?
If you answered yes to the above, then we’d love to talk to you about a career with us as a Systems Analyst!
What will you do?
At BearingPoint, our system analysts are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business processing efficiency and lead to increased productivity. The systems analyst will work closely with client representatives to understand and document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project. As a systems analyst you will design the solutions that solve our clients’ toughest challenges, so being a good communicator, both written and verbal is a must. The systems analyst/product owner is a key role in the Agile delivery team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood.
You will have
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role as a systems analyst, business analyst or product owner on large systems integration projects.
- Third level qualification in Technology/Business.
- Experience facilitating workshops with large groups of stakeholders.
- Specifying business requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria and is comfortable participating and in agile ceremonies.
- Experience of working in an Agile delivery team using Agile tools, techniques and ceremonies including user stories, backlog grooming, estimation, prioritisation, sprints, retrospectives, stand-ups, Definition of Done, Definition of Ready, Scrum/Kanban etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and language skills in the English language (presenting, documenting, workshopping).
- Experience estimating effort/duration in assessing business requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft Test Manager or similar is desirable.
- Proven experience with Problem and Incident Management processes & procedures.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to engage with all project stakeholders to define and get agreement and achieve closure on business and technical requirements of projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly and work across industries.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive salary where you are rewarded for both your individual performance and company performance. You will also receive a best-in-class benefits package including holidays, private health insurance, pension contributions, gym/club subscription, wellness programmes, mobile phone and much more. In addition, we offer:
Continuous learning – we understand that it is imperative to invest in our people’s development and we provide external training at prestigious universities such as Oxford and Yale
Social events – our people perform best when they have a good work life balance, monthly events for all to attend
Equal & inclusive culture – we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong and can thrive in a work environment with a strong sense of community
Mentoring & coaching – every employee has a development manager to help them grow their career with feedback via continuous conversations
Giving Back – you will have an opportunity to join our many giving back initiatives including our commitment to sustainability.
Together, we are more than business.
To see more from our people with their experiences of BearingPoint please visit our careers website www.bearingpointcareers.ie
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.