Senior Software Tester
At BearingPoint Ireland, we are growing quickly and have a number of exciting new projects to challenge the very best Software Testers. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland. We are looking for talented Testers to join our QA team. As a Tester, you will join a team delivering a range of enterprise and web/mobile solutions for our clients using the latest technologies.
We are looking for Software Test Consultants to join one of our highly successful implementation teams. We offer a mix of hands-on testing roles in addition to test process focused advisory roles, working with a team of developers and business analyst to ensure the software is delivered to the highest quality for our clients. Our test teams play an integral role in the software development lifecycle of our projects and work with our teams to ensure the high quality that our solutions are known for.
As a Tester you will be responsible for:
- Definition of test scope based on functional and technical specifications
- Providing detailed test estimates to the project team
- Plan Test Effort & Test Approach in line with test policies and quality gates
- Operate as senior tester and lead testing of small to medium sized test efforts
- Enforcement of Quality Gates
- Preparation and execution of test cases from user stories and requirements
- Working closely with the developers and the business analyst to ensure all requirements are thoroughly tested and ensure adequate test coverage
- Participate in the daily team standups
- Reporting directly to the Project Team Lead on the status of test progress
- Identification of test cases for test automation
- Participating in daily UAT calls with business stakeholders during the UAT cycle
You must have: ·
- A minimum of 5 years’ software testing experience on complex IT projects
- Degree in a computing, engineering, or science subject area
- Experience with integration and system level test execution
- Good design and testing skills, passion for quality and attention to detail
- Strong testing background with a clear understanding of test process and procedures including the ability to identify efficiencies in testing and test process and enforce quality gates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on their own initiative
- ISTQB certification
- Experience of testing on both client/server and web-based applications
- Experience with test case and defect management tools tools (e.g. MS Test Manager, Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.)
- Test Automation experience
- Experience of QA in a DevOps environment (e.g. Azure DevOps, GIT)
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.