DevOps Engineer (.NET)
This is a great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our team of engineers that administer environments to support development projects across BearingPoint. You will gain exposure to Continuous Software Delivery using technologies such as PowerShell, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and Azure in a Hybrid cloud environment (mixture of on-premise and cloud applications).
- Work in a team responsible for 100s of environments that support the SDLC in an enterprise production system using Windows Server and numerous Azure cloud components
- Troubleshoot incidents, facilitate blameless post-incident retrospectives, and ensure issues are permanently resolved
- Augment self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Work to continually improve monitoring and reporting to help identify bottlenecks, capacity and performance related concerns
- Work with team responsible for maintaining and improving CI/CD frameworks from medium to enterprise scale
- Support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to control test and production environments, spanning multiple on-site servers and cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with Software Development, QA Engineers, and System Architects to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development, QA, and production releases
- Be available to work on rotation for infrequent out of hours work and also monthly releases to the live production system
You should possess…
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Technology background preferably with development experience in C# and .Net solutions
- Debugging and troubleshooting knowledge and experience particularly in Windows/Azure/IIS applications or equivalent
- Experience using gitflow or knowledge of branching methodologies
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving and intellectual curiosity
- Strong consulting aptitude including influencing skills, verbal and written communication skills (including fluent English), self-starting and self-motivation, leadership and facilitation skills, etc.
- Excellent knowledge on multi system landscape architecture and design techniques
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and their relevance to clients Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and strategies an advantage
- Experience using Docker/Containers/Kubernetes (K8s) an advantage
- Exposure to technology specification for bid and sales cycles an advantage
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.