Cloud Solution Architect
BearingPoint are currently recruiting for an experienced Cloud Solution Architect to join our successful global consulting firm in our Dublin office.
As a trusted advisor and a member of BearingPoint’s Technology Delivery team, you will get the opportunity to work with leading organisations to help formulate and implement their cloud computing strategy. You will gain an understanding of our clients’ business objectives and play a key role in realising these through the design and implementation of powerful cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for defining cloud/hybrid solution architectures and legacy migration approaches based on Microsoft Azure. As a technical leader to one or more Agile Delivery Teams, you will have full responsibility for the design and quality of the teams’ output. Additionally, you will contribute to our internal communities to leverage and share best practices, industry trends and accelerators to benefit our client engagements and maximise client outcomes.
- You will define solution architectures translating business needs into realisable system designs composed of the latest in Azure IaaS and PaaS capabilities.
- You will work closely with business and technical stakeholders to conduct the analysis needed to support solution definition.
- You will have opportunity to work across varying industry domains and experience a wide range of solution types.
- You will use your understanding of technology to help define and build systems with real business alignment and value.
- You will be able to communicate your vision and designs to others, producing documented designs and presenting your solution and its benefits.
- You will analyse problems and structure solutions for complex technology changes.
- You will work across a wide range of solutions including off the shelf applications, existing customer systems, integration systems, data processing, web technologies and others
- You will contribute to IT strategy, architecture management, governance, technology evaluations and will be instrumental in the technology decision making process.
You should have
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Azure IaaS and PaaS platforms including Azure Architecture related certification, or ambition and commitment to achieve in a reasonable timeframe
- Technology background preferably with development experience in one of Java or .Net solutions
- Strong track record in architecting and overseeing the delivery of complex solutions
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving and intellectual curiosity
- Strong consulting aptitude including influencing skills, verbal and written communication skills (including fluent English), self-starting and self-motivation, leadership and facilitation skills, etc.
- Proven ability to liaise between the customer, vendors, project management and the technical team on questions, issues and revisions to a solution
- Broad experience base across multiple areas of application integration, infrastructure technologies and demonstrated experience and expertise in bringing all of these respective technologies into a cohesive, effective IT architecture
- Excellent knowledge on multi system landscape architecture and design techniques.
- Ability to draft solution architectures and proposals
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and their relevance to clients
- Knowledge of other major cloud platforms such as AWS, Google an advantage
- Experience supporting CIO / CTO / Technical Director an advantage
- Experience of technical project planning, budgeting and tracking an advantage
- Exposure to technology specification for bid and sales cycles an advantage
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science (or related)
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual
feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our
business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
What benefits are available to me:
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of
the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements.
BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.