Are you one of those people who can see solutions where other people see problems? Are you smart, creative and enjoy working with people to solve challenges? Do you love technology and how it can solve problems but don’t see yourself as a software developer? Have you got that rare gift of being able to explain complex things in a way that everyone can understand?
If you answered yes to the above, then we’d love to talk to you about a career with us as a Product Owner!
At BearingPoint, our product owners are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business processing efficiency and lead to increased productivity. The Product Owner will work closely with client representatives to understand and document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project. As a product owner you design the solutions that solve our clients’ toughest challenges, so being a good communicator, both written and verbal is a must. The product owner is a key role in the Agile delivery team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood.
The candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role as a business analyst or product owner on large systems integration projects.
- Third level qualification in Technology/Business.
- Experience facilitating workshops with large groups of stakeholders.
- Specifying business requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria and is comfortable participating and leading agile ceremonies.
- Experience of working in an Agile delivery team using Agile tools, techniques and ceremonies including user stories, backlog grooming, estimation, prioritisation, sprints, retrospectives, stand-ups, Definition of Done, Definition of Ready, Scrum/Kanban etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and language skills in the English language (presenting, documenting, workshopping).
- Experience estimating effort/duration in assessing business requirements.
- Experience as a functional tester using Microsoft Test Manager or similar.
- Experience writing and executing test suites and scripts.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to engage with all project stakeholders to define and get agreement and achieve closure on business and technical requirements of projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly and work across industries.
Please include a cover letter (max. 300 words) on why you feel you are a fit for the role.
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.