Senior Product Owner Financial Services
Are you one of those people who can see solutions where other people see problems? Are you smart, creative and enjoy working with people to solve challenges? Do you love technology and how it can solve problems but don’t see yourself as a software developer? Have you got that rare gift of being able to explain complex things in a way that everyone can understand? Have you experience working in the Financial Services?
If you answered yes to the above, then we’d love to talk to you about a career with us as a Product Owner!
At BearingPoint, our product owners are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business processing efficiency and lead to increased productivity. The PO will work closely with client representatives to understand and document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project. As a product owner you design the solutions that solve our clients’ toughest challenges, so being a good communicator, both written and verbal is a must. The product owner is a key role in the Agile delivery team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood.
The candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Third level qualification in Technology/Business
- Experience of working in the financial sector and/or public sector required
- Experience in leading large workshops with multiple stakeholders to gather business and solution requirements
- Ability to document requirements into user stories, formulate solution design and create and manage the product backlog
- Ability to manage client expectations and scope, prioritise and estimate the product backlog
- Experience working in various project delivery settings (Waterfall, Agile etc) but has experience of working in an Agile delivery team using Agile tools, techniques and ceremonies including user stories, backlog grooming, estimation, prioritisation, sprints, retrospectives, stand-ups, Definition of Done, Definition of Ready, Scrum/Kanban etc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of business, technical and management stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to get up to speed quickly and work across industries
- Ability to support business development and proposal efforts by gathering general proposal content and/or supporting the development of cost proposals
Please include a cover letter (max. 300 words) on why you feel you are a fit for the role.
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.