Junior Software Tester
We are looking for a Junior Software Tester to join one of our highly successful implementation teams. Our testers play an integral role in the software development lifecycle of our projects and work with our teams to ensure the high quality that our solutions are known for. You will be responsible for testing the output from the team to ensure it is of the highest quality. As a Junior Tester you will join our Software team and work alongside our technical teams.
As a Tester you will be responsible for:
- All aspects of testing from test design to test execution
- Preparation and execution of test cases to ensure thorough testing of requirements in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Working with the business teams to ensure all requirements are tested
- Disciplined reporting, tracking, and resolution of product defects.
- Re-testing defect fixes and regression testing
- Participate in the daily stand-ups
- Proactively communicating with development teams and business analysts to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test execution
- Accurate and timely status reporting to Test Manager, including issues prohibiting progress when appropriate
You must have: ·
- A minimum of 2 years' software testing experience on complex IT projects
- Degree in a computing, engineering, or science subject area
- Experience in test case development and execution is essential
- Clear understanding of defect management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in technology and how it can be used to solve real business problems
- Experience of both windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Requirements analysis experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python etc.)
- Test Automation Tooling
- Test case management tools experience (HPQC, Jira, etc)
- ISTQB certification
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.